Sunday, September 21, 2008

3rd Trimester Woes...

I've had a sore left ear since Labor day weekend. Over a week ago I went to convenient care to have them check it out and the Doc in a box said nothing was wrong. In the last few days it has gotten MUCH worse & so I made an appointment with my GP to have it checked out. Of course the soonest I could get in was Monday morning...

The last few nights have been unbearable. I've not been able to sleep well for many reasons, but top among them is my ear...so LD took me to convenient care again this morning & it turns out I have an ear canal infection. The DR. told me it is probably due to Q-Tip usage. Great. Then when he went to determine what antibiotic I needed...he had to do some major hunting to find one that is OK to use during pregnancy. Usually they prescribe one with a steroid to help the swelling go down, but NO STEROIDS for the pregnant lady. So I guess this will take a little while to resolve itself, but at least we are hopefully on the road to recovery.

It is amazing how lousy I feel just because I haven't had enough sleep and because my ear hurts. I was also a little worried about it throwing off my equilibrium. I'm already a klutz...I don't need more reasons to be injuring myself!

I've also gotten to that "I'm just uncomfortable" stage of being pregnant. I realize that we have 6 weeks to go, but no clothes are fitting right anymore and I just feel like I'm bloated all the time. My hips hurt when I'm in bed, and my back is beginning to really ache a lot. These are the other reasons why I've not been sleeping well. LD keeps telling me it is just practice for when we'll not be sleeping through the night after the baby arrives...he may be right, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

OK, enough bitching now. I'm off to take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Try garlic oil in your ear. Garlic is a natural antibiotic. To make the garlic oil take come fresh crushed closes and let them sit for a bit in olive oil. Then warm a spoon and drop some into your ear. Works wonderful for ear aches and infections.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you aren't feeling well. you made it a lot longer than most of my friends for the 'uncomfortable' stage. it is worth it - i'm even putting myself through it all over again :) feel better. and try to enjoy the chances of getting to sleep late. ;)

    ReplyDelete