Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just some random stuff...

1) Work has been a little insane this week. I'll have put in enough hours by the middle of tomorrow for the whole week. Got to love that! Monday I was @ work until 9 pm trying to get everything done for an in service I had to lead for 200+ teachers on Tuesday. Thankfully my wonderful husband came over to my work after he was done at his work and helped me stuff some binders & load things up in the car for the next day. If he had not come & helped I'm sure it would have been at least 10 pm before I got done if not later.

Tuesday I had to be one of two main speakers at an in service for all the K-5 teachers in our district. It was the kick off to the school year and since my curricular area is all new for them this year I had to make sure that they knew what they were getting, how to use it, etc, etc. It went OK - no way can I make 200+ people happy, but I tried. And I get to do this sort of thing again next Friday! I just keep telling myself...11 more weeks...11 more weeks.

2) I have nicknamed our son..."kicky". As I type this he is kicking my ribs. Thanks son. He does that a lot now. If I am sitting down for any period of time I get a lot of action from him. He also likes to showcase his acrobatic skills or stretching skills early in the morning (usually right after I had to get up to pee). Larry is enjoying that time...I crawl back in bed hoping to get more sleep and "kicky" goes crazy. Larry gets to feel him a lot then. "Kicky" has even kicked Larry in the back a few times when we were spooning in the bed.

3) Hormones suck. With all that is going on at work, and being somewhat over tired...my hormones are really out of whack. I've been crying a lot lately (at home thankfully...no where else...yet). Larry is such a trooper...he lets me cry and tries to do what he can to console me/calm me down. It is crazy what hormones will do to an otherwise sane woman.

4) We ordered a dresser from the local Ashley Furniture store for the baby's room. I figured that if we just got a nice dresser we can put a changing pad on it and use it for the changing table instead of having to purchase a separate piece of furniture just for that purpose. It is supposed to come soon - like later this week or next week. It really is the finishing piece that we need for the baby's room. That is kind of exciting. Now we just need to get all the rest of the baby gear. Mandy & Larry's Mom are throwing a shower for us in September, so I'm waiting to see what we get from that before I buy anything major.

5) I have watched like 1 hour total of the Olympics. How sad is that? All the ladies @ my aqua aerobics class talk about the Olympics and how much they are watching like crazy while we exercise. Last night I just did my exercises & listened...because I've not had time to watch any Olympics. I didn't want to say that because it is sort of lame...everyone is busy, right? So, now I'm not looking forward to class tomorrow night...I'm sure it will be more of the same talk...

OK, that is it. My eyelids are getting heavy. Kicky is making me have to pee again. Bed is calling soon. I just thought I should write something...it has been a little while!

No comments:

Post a Comment