Monday, August 25, 2008

Baby's room...


Slowly but surely we've been working on the Baby's room. We got the crib quite a while ago. I also got the bedding a while ago, but in the last month we acquired the glider chair, a slip cover for the sofa, and today the dresser & mirror! The Glider came from my Grandma VdW's house. It had forest green cushions on it & I found a pattern for making new cushion covers...so I've been working slowly on that. I got the last bit of the cushions done now...

We got a really great dresser & mirror from Ashley Furniture - the plan is to get a changing pad/mattress thing and use it on the dresser. Then when our son is big enough to not need that we still have a very sturdy and nice dresser for him.

I also purchased a chocolate brown slipcover for the sleeper sofa that we had in that room from before. We decided to keep that sofa in there for now...I figure that I will be sleeping some on that sofa post baby.

What do you think? I'm loving the browns and blues/aquas. Still baby-ish but kind of cool too. But that is just my opinion!

2 comments:

  1. it looks so nice. very exciting. we put a futon in haley's room and i never slept on it which was surprising. but it is so nice to have to sit on and pile clothes :) i love the browns and blues.

    ReplyDelete