Saturday, November 22, 2008

5 am feeding...and other new routines

Well, this is part of my new routine. Up at 5 am to feed Eli...and then it takes me a while to get back to sleep. So I'm in the computer room, yawning, but not quite ready to put my head back onto my pillow in the bedroom...might as well use the time to do what I want to on the computer, right?

This week has been a small roller coaster...trying out different things in terms of routines etc. Monday was a melt down day for me...we tried to do to much on too little sleep & I about lost it. Thank goodness for my sweet husband...he just took over...ordered me to nap and took care of Eli for a few hours. He was home with me Monday & Tuesday but back to work on Wednesday.

Wednesday we had visitors...Darlene & Cole drove down to see us...it was really great! They were here for only a few hours...while the other Propst boys were at school, but we got to visit, have some lunch, and just relax together. Cole was really cute with Eli...kept wanting to hold him for like 2 seconds. Oh, and my sweet babe goes into a very deep sleep when there are too many people around him...we were saying he goes comatose...it is pretty funny. He did this while Dar was here & he did that when we went to Larry's work to let folks meet him. One of my nephews used to do that! It totally reminds me of that.

Thursday & Friday were pretty low key here. I spent a lot of time in our "big chair" feeding Eli. I'm feeding him every 2 hours in the day to help him be more awake in the day and hopefully be more sleepy at night. So far it is working.

Well, I've been up for the 5 am feeding, but am now tired enough to go back to bed...I'll post more later...even if it means typing with one hand while the other holds the baby. (I'm getting pretty good at that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment