Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

As you can imagine...one of the things I'm very thankful for this year is Eli Wayne. Having this little boy to care for and love is pretty amazing. Oh, he's giving me a run for my money some days (or rather nights as it were) but I wouldn't trade him for anything!
I'm also very thankful for my amazing husband! Larry is awesome...if you didn't already know that! He's helped out so much with things with Eli...as he keeps telling me, I'm his top priority, so he's going to do what he can to help me so that I can relax or sleep or do what I need to do, etc. I knew he'd be a great dad...which he is, but I'm so thankful that he's still my husband first & daddy second! :)
I'm also very thankful for supportive friends & family...so many people have reached out to us in the past few weeks...and it has been wonderful! We've had meals from folks @ church; we had my parents here for a few days to care for us; we've had Grammie come & take care of Eli; we've had Aunt Mandy & Uncle Luke doting on Eli (not to mention their kids...); we've had numerous friends either come over to visit or dropping off gifts and well wishes or both; it really is amazing how loved this child is and in turn how loved Larry & I feel.
Lastly, I'm most thankful for having a heavenly Father to turn to as we rejoice in the happy & healthy birth of a son; the speedy recovery from a surgery; and the beginning of this new phase of our family. It is also so comforting to turn to Him as we struggle to do what is best for our family and our son; as we cope with little to no sleep; as we wonder if we are being good parents; and all those struggles that have become part of our world these past few weeks. My prayer life has gotten so much deeper and stronger since Eli arrived on the scene. I find myself rocking him and just praying; feeding him and praying; watching him and praying...it really is hard not to worship God while I attend to my son...since he is such a good gift from God!

I hope that everyone who reads this blog has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving and that you take a moment or two to pause and contemplate the many good things in your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment