Thursday, January 25, 2007

GOT IT!

This week has been a good week & a stressful week all in one! As of November I had been hired by the school district to oversee the writing of new 7th grade history curriculum. That means a few more hours dedicated to school work (20 to be exact), but I get paid for it, so I guess that is better than if I didn't get paid! Anyway, we are in the midst of getting that writing going and I have to oversee that, so that means being away from my classroom and preparing for a sub and working all day on the new material. It should be good, but it is just a busy time right now in so many aspects of life that it seems a bit overwhelming at times.

To add to that, last Friday I was interviewed for the Social Studies Curriculum Coordinator Job for the District. That would mean overseeing and supporting all the social studies teachers in our district. I was nervous that I wasn't really as qualified as I thought I was, but guess what...Wednesday the head honcho came over to my school to offer me the job! Whoo Hoo!

I'm taking it. I think it is the right move for me right now. It may allow me to feel like I have time to finish my masters degree (for which I have a whole semester voucher to the Uof I for free tuition because I'm working with a student teacher later on this semester!), it should give me a more flexible schedule on a day to day basis, & hopefully will not require as much homework time for me each night. I'm excited about all this!

I'll start in June, when school is done for me as a teacher.

Oh, in other news, on the home front...things are looking like we've made a decision about housing...we will be building a new home! We just met with the builder & are really jazzed about what we can do / get to make a new house truly ours - with our little touches, etc.

So, all in all, a good week. Busy, but with many excellent things happening! Gotta love life!

2 comments:

  1. Building your first house...I'm jealous and happy for you at the same time.

    Glad to hear about the Coordinator position. I know how much you were hoping that would work out. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the house and job. sounds like things are going well!! yay. we are so happy for you guys. - katie and mike

    ReplyDelete