Thursday, February 01, 2007

More on the House front


So we met with the builder, Doug Johnson, of Ironwood homes again this evening. I'm getting pretty excited about this whole deal! Sounds like come June we'll be in our new house! The lot we chose is a corner lot, and it is a good sized corner lot. I know people are going to poke fun of the name of our street, Dropseed, but I guess that is ok. We'll be at the corner of Dropseed & Tickseed. How's that for directions!


Anyhow, here is a picture of a house that is similar to what we are going to have built. Our house will be facing South (as we'll be on the north side of Dropseed) and it will be the mirror image of the house in the picture above. We also will be choosing other colors for our exterior. Not 100% sure what we want on that yet, but we've got some ideas. Also, our big window into the living room will NOT be the half-round one you see in this picture. We are going for a rectangular (or transom) window. We just liked that look better overall!
Now that we've made this decision it just seems so right! Waiting for June is going to be hard in some ways. I also know it will be busy, what with all the many decisions that go into this whole process!
In other news, I signed all the paperwork today for my new job. So, it is finally really official. Come May 29 I will be no longer just a teacher, but I will be a curriculum coordinator. The more I think about it the more I get excited about it. Especially after a few hairy days - like today when a student carved all sorts of gang stuff on a desk in my classroom. Ugh.

1 comment: