Tuesday, April 22, 2008

1st photo of baby Stephens

Well, here it is...the 1st of MANY I'm sure!  Baby Stephens (@ 12 weeks).  I went for an ultrasound yesterday & some blood work to help rule out various things that could be happening with our baby (after all we're sooooo old).  Many of the tests they do for things like Spina Bifida & Downsyndrome they don't require until after you are a certain age, but since the test they wanted to do was so low-key, not invasive at all - we agreed to do it (it was nice to have the choice!).

Anyway, this was the best picture that the tech sent me home with.  You can see the baby really well in profile.  The tech really needed to get the baby to show us its backside, but it was a long time before it cooperated.  It was "jumping" the whole time...but I think it had the hiccups.  I will say that the baby was active the entire time I was in the DR's office.  I think I feel little flutters now & then, but it may be too early & I may just be feeling gas...who knows.

Anyway, I wanted to share.  I'm pretty excited.  I wonder if the next time I have an ultrasound (June 4th) we'll be able to tell if it is a girl or a boy...

1 comment:

  1. It's always so fun to see those pictures- makes it seem more real, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete