Sunday, October 21, 2007

Birthday week & retreat weekend...my thoughts


Ah, Pics of the fams...that was the start of the 33rd birthday fun! We were a bit insane - but we had all the siblings, the parents, and the nieces & nephews over to our house for a pizza party last Saturday. It was a lot of fun, but what a busy place this house was! Whoo! We also did the annual VDW picture & also did a Stephens picture at Trevett-Finch Park in Champaign. It has a great old Osage tree there that we used as our prop/backdrop. I think the pics came out rather well! I've always wanted a picture taken there...so now that dream has come true.
Then last Sunday LD & I went for a flight to Beardstown, IL to scope out things for him to fly me that way on Friday for a women's retreat. Monday was my birthday & I got the variety of birthday phone calls & flowers delivered to my office - THANKS LARRY! They were/are beautiful! We also went out for dinner that night with the adult Stephens' - to the Ribeye - a (well this is how it was described to me by my co-workers) "blue-hair" steak & salad bar place. It was good & we had a nice time...so thanks Mom & Dad Stephens! All in all, it was a pretty nice, rather low-key birthday!
Then this week - well the insanity began. I am liking my job, but the puzzle piecing that has been happening - well it is getting a wee bit old. When a bunch of people were responsible for the duties of my job last year it means that I have to try to figure out who knows what & has what. It can be a little crazy sometimes. I had a few "late" nights this week - one night I didn't get home from work until almost 10 pm. Yucky!
This weekend, however was the CEFC ladies retreat in Meredosia, IL. LD flew me out there Friday night & while I didn't really want to go after work on Friday, I'm glad I did go. It was refreshing & good to get to know the ladies of our church better.
As I'm looking ahead to the next couple of months - things look REALLY busy. That scares me a little bit. I don't like to HAVE all my time filled up. I don't mind if I fill up my time, but I really kind of buck at the notion that others have filled up my time. That sort of scares me. I keep telling myself, "Welcome to life!" IT will get filled up by others expectations for you and you just have to deal with it.
Anyhow, now I'm not sure what my point actually was. I just thought I should post & so I did. No wonder I think no one reads this silly thing...it can be pretty lame. Sorry about that!

1 comment:

  1. i forgot to ask you how your bday was. sorry. hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete