Thursday, October 16, 2008

Updates...

So, it has been a week since I blogged last...here's the scoop on life as I wait for baby...

~ Celebrated my 34th birthday! Gosh I can't believe I'm that old already. I certainly don't feel like it most days, but life is flying by!
~ I love facebook for reminding folks that it was my birthday - I got lots of birthday wishes yesterday via facebook. It made my day! Now I have to remember to wish others Happy Birthday when it is there special day...I'm not so good at that! If only I could access facebook from work...
~ The baby is now "full-term" @ 37 weeks! Whoo Hoo!
~ Larry is flying up and back to Lansing RIGHT NOW to get my parents...so that they can have a belated birthday dinner with us! I'm "grounded" until after the baby due to our medical insurance, so Larry was sweet enough to offer to go get them & bring them down to see us! Isn't that great! My mom is not super jazzed about flying - she gets a little motion sick, so we'll see how this goes! Thankfully God has provided a lovely day weather-wise for this trip!
~ I had to have a Beta-Strep test on Monday...and I got the results back today...Negative! Another Whoo Hoo! No need for antibiotics while in labor!
~ The weather has cooled off some today...fall is really here! I'm sooooo thankful...I've been absolutely cooking these last few days...so this change is VERY welcome!
~We went out last night for dinner with Traci, Luke, & Mandy. It was a nice birthday celebration...nothing too big or anything like that...just nice! Thanks guys!
~ I'm tired. I'm hanging in there, but after being at work all day by the time I get home I'm pooped out. That is not helping me patiently await this baby. I know I'll not get enough sleep once he's here, but I really am ready for a change...and I know I'll be happy to hold him in my arms rather than feel him always pushing on my ribs!

Ok, that is it for now. Just wanted to fill folks in who were wondering what is going on!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!!! Sorry I couldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i couldn't wait to meet haley, but after i did have her - i kind of missed having her in my belly safe and sound :) but it was so nice to hold her too.

    have a good dinner with your parents. let us know if you need anything or have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, we had a good time, but we did miss your presence. No one was pushing drinks in my general direction...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday a little late, Laurie! I meant to send our card along with mom, but forgot to bring it to dinner on Wednesday- so I'll be mailing it- SORRY!

    ReplyDelete