Thursday, June 26, 2008

No good at making titles

I really am no good at making titles. So I just gave up this time.
I felt like I should post and put a few things about what had been happening in the last week or so. Larry & I were in Washington DC this past weekend. I am the IL Congressional District 15 coordinator for the Center for Civic Education's We the People program. As a result I attended the Center's annual meetings in Washington DC. We spent 4 days there. Hopefully LD will post about what he did while I was attending meetings and such, but it was a very nice time. I think I may have done a bit too much walking while there - when we got back to IL I was pooped. I spend a good part of the day Wednesday on the couch elevating my left foot and napping.

Oh, I haven't mentioned that I have developed a "cankle". My left calf & ankle swell up each day. When I mentioned this to my Doc last time I saw her she said this can happen & to watch my salt intake and put my foot up when I can. Well, that was a little hard when we were in DC.

The other thing I'm doing to try to help with this "condition" is aqua aerobics - twice a week. Carle hospital offers this and it has been good.

In other news...our son is doing a lot more noticeable movement now. Larry flew us to Indy to catch a commercial flight to DC - on both flights - in N218DF and on US Air our son was mighty active. Larry is sure that means the the baby likes to fly -already! It is also sort of funny that today I was at an American History Teachers' Collaborative Movie afternoon @ Urbana Middle School & we were discussing & watching Westerns...and again the baby was very active. Since I know how much Larry loves Westerns I told him that there is no doubt this child will be like him...I'm sure that the little guy was showing his approval of movies staring John Wayne & Clint Eastwood. Yikes...I will soon be outnumbered in our home...at least when it comes to what to watch on TV. Poop. But I will admit that I'd be a bit bothered if my son got as excited watching HGTV....

Our next adventure is to KY next week for the Fourth of July. It should be fun - although it may be a bit nuts -as Luke & Mandy & their 4 kids will be there with Mom & Dad, and Cousins Bob & Liz and their 2 girls will be there. I think we are staying with Grandma & Grandpa Stephens since we can't all fit @ Mom & Dad Stephen's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment