Saturday, May 05, 2007

Small steps on the road to completion!

Our front porch "pillars" are now in - they still need to be painted, but they look pretty nice - I'm assuming you approve, Mom - a house with pillars!

The key pad for the garage door opener - I didn't get into the garage to see if the actual opener is also in, what with wet tile & new grout I couldn't get through from the house & the garage is so chock full of other stuff I couldn't get in the service door there either. I suppose I could have opened the overhead door, but I was just being too lazy.

This the tile in the kitchen - I believe the grout color we chose is called haystack. I think it looks rather well - blends well with the wall color too! I hadn't really planned that, but it worked out quite well. I really can't wait to see this all come together - to see the finished product and see how well we did with colors and such. (Gee I hope it turns out well - what a pain in the butt it will be to try to fix it if it didn't!)


The master bath - also all grouted. I wonder when they will tile the shower? I really can't wait to see that!

Lastly, the basement still has some damp spots. I think I'm going to have to e-mail or call the builder and ask them what they plan to do about that. I'm especially worried about under the stairs. It is all drywalled in and it looks really damp under there. Maybe they need to get a dehumidifier for down there right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment