Thursday, April 26, 2007

H 2 O - Oh NO!

Larry & I went out to dinner tonight @ Sushi Kame. Larry was a sweetheart & dropped me off right out front of the restaurant as it was really pouring down rain. He then parked behind the place and had to run around it to get in the front door - he was soaked when he came in. It continued to pour down rain most of the time we were eating. When we got finished we decided to head out to the house as it had been two days since I'd been out there & I wanted to see what progress had been made.

Anyhow, we got out there and the service door on the garage had blown open & it was pooling rain water in the garage. I closed the door and continued to investigate what else was happening in our casa. We wandered downstairs to see that the basement has a good inch or two of water in it. The sump pump did not appear to be working. Since it was getting dark we didn't investigate too much - hopefully the builder will be there tomorrow to check things out. However LD & I did note to each other that we will have to make sure that we keep tabs on the sump pump once we move in. If we have a power failure we will have to keep a very watchful eye on the condition of the basement! I think we may have to talk to the builder about what we can do about this. We may have to get some advice from my father too. (I hate to admit it too much, but he really knows stuff! & good stuff!)

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you went there after the rain! It's always nice to know about potential trouble spots so you can keep an eye on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get a battery backup for your sump pump. Most inspectors will suggest it. Makes power outages bearable.

    ReplyDelete