Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brr...

So, the little weather tracker on my computer (down in the task bar) is reading -6 degrees right now & it is the middle of the day. The sun is shining here - thank the Lord for that - it makes it more tolerable! This is crazy. My main goal to day is to just keep Eli from being too chilly...so far so good. He's fitting in bigger clothes now - the last two days I was able to put him in some 3 month clothes, and we've got a few that are really warm looking, so that is good. Right now he is bundled in a swaddle blanket and in his crib sleeping...aah the "morning" nap.
Speaking of sleeping...he sleeps through the night now...it is so wonderful! I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I'm so happy for this progression! Last night he was pretty wound up at like 9:30 and to calm him down I finally swaddled him and then he fell asleep in my arms. At 10 when I usually feed him & then put him down for the night he was dead asleep, so I put him in his crib and got all the rest of the "going to bed" stuff done...filled his vaporizer, picked up the room, etc. and he was still out. Knowing that I had NOTHING going on today and if I had to get up at 1 am to feed him I would survive, I just let him sleep...and he slept until nearly 6 am. Of course I had to get up to check on him at 5:30 when I woke up and realized he hadn't stirred yet. He's taking a nap now...went down at 11:30...which was nice, I was able to take a shower (I usually wait until he's down for his morning nap) and make the bed, and catch up on a few things & blog! I've found that it is hard to blog while holding him...I'm not so good with the one handed typing.
Anyway, in my simple world...Eli's sleeping, eating, and bodily functions occupy most of my time & unfortunately my thinking. Sad, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment