Sunday, December 14, 2008

MIlestones...

I am so happy to report that I just got an actual 5 and a 1/2 hours of sleep without being woken up by a hungry baby! In my world this is HUGE! We've been able to go for 5 hours between the "night-time" feedings, but what that means is that we maybe get 4 hours of sleep without being interrupted. I've been told that isn't so bad - after all Eli's only a month old, but I really love my sleep and am certainly used to getting more than 4 hours in a night...so right now I feel great! I'm only hopeful that this continues!

Of course I had to get up to pump before Eli woke up to be fed...that kind of stinks. But thankfully Larry is a real trooper and was "on call" to feed Eli his bottle when he woke up! And as I sit here typing (& pumping...TMI?) Eli did wake up and Larry is feeding him. So the next hope is that Eli will not be SUPER alert post bottle and will go back to sleep for a little while longer so we can go back to sleep for a little while longer...but I'm not holding my breath on that one!

Other milestones...Friday Eli was one month old!
He's changing a lot...growing - chunking out!
He also is on the verge of smiling...he's teased both Larry & I with a smile each - fleeting as it was, but it totally gets you & you keep looking and hoping for more!
He also has shed some tears now. Yesterday he was totally wailing about something (I don't know that I ever figured out what it was) but he had tears in his eyes and on his upper cheeks. It kind of breaks your heart when they have tears like that.
He's also had his 1st trip to Chicago...last weekend we were there staying in the Condo in the Hancock Building...He did really well!
He's fitting into more of the clothes that we have for him...it was kind of annoying me that we had gotten all these really cute things to put on him and very few of them actually fit...the arms were too long or the legs were too long or ???, but now he's starting to fit into some of the 0-3 month outfits we have for him and it is really kind of fun. I can only imagine that he's thinking I needed more dolls growing up to dress them instead of messing with him!
Lastly, he's getting ready to take his 1st airplane ride! We were hoping to have checked that event off earlier...we thought about it for Thanksgiving, or the following weekend, but since we had as much stuff to haul with us that didn't happen. Yesterday we had hoped to take Eli to KY to visit the other Eli - Papa Eli Stephens, but the winds were too crazy to take him up for the 1st time. Hopefully next weekend is better...we need to get this guy down to KY to meet his Papa & Gigi!

Well, I guess that is it for now...can you tell how much smaller my world became 4 weeks ago? But I'm loving it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment