Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Recap

Last week was a busy one for us...I realize that for most folks it will sound tame, but I'm finding things with a 6 week old baby are always just a bit more complex. Oh well...this time will pass too soon I know.

Anyway, Monday I was able to get out and finish up the Christmas shopping...and the shopping was a bit insane, but we managed to get everything and get home without any incidents! (There was an "incident" the week before when I tried to shop...let's just say we were out too long and before I knew it I was leaking quite a bit...so much so that both Eli & I got wet before it was all over...I was hoping to avoid that in all future outings!)

Tuesday the weather was total poop! Debbie Ohm & Beth Krooswyk were hoping to come down to visit, but had to cancel due to the weather. I didn't go anywhere...it was just too gross! Plus, Eli was a total cling-on. I ended up holding him all day. Anytime I put him down for even a moment he wailed. Not sure what that was all about, but I guess that was a good day for him to be cling-on...gross weather meant we stayed in anyway!

Wednesday...I tried to finish up things that had to be done before the holiday...as we were off to Grammie's to spend the night that night. We spent Christmas Eve & Christmas Day in Monticello with the Stephens clan. It was nice & went smoother than I had expected. I was so glad about that. I was hoping that Eli wouldn't be a total crab while staying in someone else's house.

Thursday night we were back in our house, but not for very long...Friday we headed out in the late morning to head up to Dyer to be with my family for two days. Our VanderWall party was Friday night & then we had a big Fennema gathering on Saturday. So we spent the night @ mom & dad's and then headed home from the Fennema party on Saturday night. In the meantime we got to spend lots of time with family, it was great! We even got over to see Great Grandma VdW...so she could see Eli again. She saw him on Thanksgiving and knew she'd want to see him again!

Yesterday we were WAY off schedule...and so spent the day trying to recuperate and get back into the swing of things. Eli really only wanted me, which was a shame on a day when Larry was home with us...

Today we've been total slugs...but we had no wheels so we couldn't go anywhere anyhow...the Saturn wouldn't start this morning for Larry, so he had to take the Toyota.

Well, I just wanted to say a public thank you to those who got us gifts this holiday...we were once again showered with good things from people who love us. That means a lot! I was happy that we got to do the same for friends & family!

Well, a little boy is now sleeping, so I think I will try to take a shower while he sleeps and before my hubby gets home! Love to all in the new year! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment