Tuesday, November 11, 2008

bummer...

We're home for the night. Not where I expected to be tonight. Here the basics of our evening.
My friend from church, Jenny came over this afternoon to have tea and talk & basically keep me distracted for a little while! It was wonderful. Then I was to call Carle Hospital to find out what time to come in for the cervidil. The 1st 3 times I tried to call...the phone just rang and rang. Not what I was expecting. When I finally got through to someone they told me to call back at 7:30 pm. Ok...I could do that.

In the meantime I ate the meager food options that I was allowed...clear soup (had some chicken noodle in the house) and toast. Then at about 6:30 or so Larry & headed to the Mall to do some walking...figured that we'd see if that helped any. He got some dinner there and we did many laps around the mall. I did have some contractions while we were walking...so that was good.

We called at 7:30 and they said they were swamped, could they call me back in 20 minutes or so. Ok. When they hadn't called back by 8:20 Larry called them. They hung up on him. He called back. Then he finally got this response...they are understaffed tonight and can't take me in for the Cervidil. We have to call back tomorrow at 8 am and see how things stand. So we got back into the car and headed home.

Yes, we are both pretty bummed right now...but we also keep telling ourselves that we're sure this is for the best. God has a plan here...and we want to follow it, so while we're disappointed that things aren't moving along right now...they will, eventually.

The plus side...one more night in our own bed! I'm loving that!

C'mon Eli...let's go already!

1 comment:

  1. Oh- I am so disappointed for you!! I have been thinking of you all day expecting to hear some news at some point today.

    ReplyDelete